from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Colloquial style or quality.
- n. A colloquial expression.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A colloquial word or phrase; a common spoken expression, often regional.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A colloquial expression, not employed in formal discourse or writing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A word or phrase peculiar to the language of common or familiar conversation.
- n. Colloquial style, quality, or usage: as, “a transcript of the colloquialism of the day,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
colloquial + -ism (Wiktionary)