from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The policy or practice of intervening, especially:
- n. The policy of intervening in the affairs of another sovereign state.
- n. The use of government power to control or influence domestic economic activity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The political practice of intervening in a sovereign state's affairs.
- n. The medical practice of trying to prolong someone's life.
Sorry, no etymologies found.