from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of superseding.
- n. Replacement of a queen bee that has grown old or weak by one that is younger or more vigorous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of superseding
- n. The replacing of an old queen bee by a new one
- n. supersession
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of superseding, or setting aside; supersession.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of superseding; supersession: as, the supersedure of trial by jury.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. act of replacing one person or thing by another especially one held to be superior
Sorry, no etymologies found.