from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sentimental or humorous greeting card sent to a sweetheart, friend, or family member, for example, on Saint Valentine's Day.
- n. A gift sent as a token of love to one's sweetheart on Saint Valentine's Day.
- n. A person singled out especially as one's sweetheart on Saint Valentine's Day.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An expression of affection, especially romantic affection, usually in the form of greeting card, gift, or message given to a person the object of affection, especially on February 14th.
- n. A person to whom a valentine is given or received, especially on February 14th.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sweetheart chosen on St. Valentine's Day.
- n. A letter containing professions of love, or a missive of a sentimental, comic, or burlesque character, sent on St. Valentine's Day.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sweetheart or choice made On St. Valentine's dav.
- n. A letter or missive sent by one person to another of the opposite sex on St. Valentine's day; a written or printed or painted missive of an amatory or a satirical kind, generally sent anonymously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sweetheart chosen to receive a greeting on Saint Valentine's Day
- n. a card sent or given (as to a sweetheart) on Saint Valentine's Day
From PaidContent, whose coverage of VC is really leading on the more quant soundbite side: Chicago-based RSS metrics firm FeedBurner gets a valentine from the hometown Sun-Times, which, of course, also has to explain what RSS is given the small numbers of actual subscribers or active internet users who even know about RSS or web feeds.
I would say that today my valentine is my mother who's waiting to hear this in La Crosse, Wisconsin, at 89 years old.
However #13 gets my vote as my valentine is a bird lover.
Whatever part, much or little, there may have been in Fitzpiers's so-called valentine to his wife, he felt a delight as of the bursting of spring when her brief reply came.
"I used to love elementary school when like everyone had to give everyone a valentine, which is so ridiculous because there's no way you feel that great about everyone around you in a class," said Wolk with a laugh.
How will those before Jesus 'advent find salvation? sex with your valentine might be a sin, or it might be a holy act that reflects God's love.
She told the Tribune the valentine is the biggest she has ever received.
Bride refuses to marry married groom girl in a rural Jajpur village stunned everybody when she refused to marry the groom after she discovered that he was already married and sex with your valentine might be a sin, or it might be a holy act that reflects God's love.
It was only Ash Wednesday, and Kirby McKenna had already been tempted three sex with your valentine might be a sin, or it might be a holy act that reflects God's love.
So celebrating Valentine's Day by presenting a heart shaped box to your valentine is a great idea.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.