from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Produced by inbreeding.
- adj. Fixed in the character or disposition as if inherited; deep-seated: an inbred distrust of radicalism. See Synonyms at innate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. bred within; innate; as, inbred worth.
- adj. having an ancestry characterized by inbreeding
- adj. describing a strain produced through successive generations of inbreeding resulting in a population of genetically identical individuals which are homozygous at all genetic loci.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of inbreed.
- n. An inbred individual
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bred within; innate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Produced or developed within; innate; inherent; intrinsic: as, inbred modesty or good sense.
- Bred in-and-in.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. normally existing at birth
- adj. produced by inbreeding
Sorry, no etymologies found.