from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Within a social group. The practice of endogamy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marrying within the same tribe; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marrying, or pertaining to the custom of marrying, within the tribe or group; pertaining to, practising, or characterized by endogamy: opposed to exogamous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by or fit for fertilization by pollen from another flower of the same kind
- adj. pertaining to or characterized by the custom of marrying only within the limits of a clan or tribe
endo- + -gamous (Wiktionary)