from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a tyrant or tyranny: a tyrannical government.
- adj. Characteristic of a tyrant or tyranny; despotic and oppressive: a tyrannical supervisor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to tyranny or a tyrant.
- adj. Despotic, oppressive or authoritarian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of a tyrant; acting like a tyrant; despotic in rule or procedure; arbitrary; imperious; as, a tyrannical master.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a tyrant; unjustly severe in operation; oppressive: as, a tyrannical government; tyrannical actions.
- Synonyms Domineering, severe, oppressive, galling, grinding. See despotism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty
- adj. marked by unjust severity or arbitrary behavior
Sorry, no etymologies found.