from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to plants or plant life.
- adj. Of or relating to the science of botany.
- n. A drug, medicinal preparation, or similar substance obtained from a plant or plants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to botany; relating to the study of plants; as, a botanical system, arrangement, textbook, expedition.
- n. Something derived from a botanical, especially herbal, source
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or concerned with the study or cultivation of plants.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drug made from part of a plant (as the bark or root or leaves)
- adj. of or relating to plants or botany
From Late Latin botanicus, from Greek botanikos, from botanē, fodder, plants.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
botany + -ical (Wiktionary)