from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to phytochemistry.
- adj. Of or relating to phytochemicals.
- n. A nonnutritive bioactive plant substance, such as a flavonoid or carotenoid, considered to have a beneficial effect on human health. Also called phytonutrient.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any chemical substance characteristic of plants.
- n. Any chemical or nutrient derived from a plant source; a phytonutrient.
- adj. Of or pertaining to phytochemistry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to phytochemistry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to phytochemistry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chemical substance obtained from plants that is biologically active but not nutritive
From phyto- + chemical (Wiktionary)