from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of the family Leguminosae, which includes peas, beans, clover, alfalfa, and other plants.
- adj. Resembling a legume.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of the Leguminosae family of peas, beans etc
- adj. resembling a legume
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to pulse; consisting of pulse.
- adj. Belonging to, or resembling, a very large natural order of plants (Leguminosæ), which bear legumes, including peas, beans, clover, locust trees, acacias, and mimosas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to pulse; consisting of pulse.
- In botany, bearing legumes as seed-vessels; pertaining to plants which bear legumes, as peas; specifically, of or pertaining to the Leguminosæ. Also leguminose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or consisting of legumes
From Middle English and from French légumineux, both from Latin legūminōsus, from legūmen, legūmin-, bean.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)