from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The seed of any of several plants which are used commercially as a source of vegetable oil
- n. The plant that yields such seed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Seed from which oil is expressed, as the castor bean; also, the plant yielding such seed. See castor bean.
- n. A cruciferous herb (Camelina sativa).
- n. The sesame.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The seed of the Ricinus communis, or castor-oil plant; castor-bean.
- n. The seed of Guizotia Abyssinica, a composite plant cultivated in India and Abyssinia on account of its oily seeds.
- n. The plant gold-of-pleasure, Camelina sativa. Sometimes called Siberian oil-seed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several seeds that yield oil
oil + seed (Wiktionary)