from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The seed of flax, the source of linseed oil and emollient medicinal preparations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The seed of the flax plant; a source of linseed oil
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The seed of the flax; linseed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The seed of flax; linseed.
- n. The Radiola Millegrana, a European plant allied to the common flax, and having similar seed-pods. (See water-flaxseed.)
- Resembling a flaxseed: an epithet specifically applied to the pupa stage of some insects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the seed of flax used as a source of oil
Sorry, no etymologies found.