from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Clumsy; awkward.
- adj. Tactless; indiscreet.
- adj. Oppressive; harsh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Clumsy, awkward; hence, excessive.
- adj. Extreme; unnecessarily forceful.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as ham-fisted.
- adj. unjustly harsh or domineering.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Clumsy; awkward; not dexterous.
- Oppressive; downbearing: as, heavy-handed tyranny.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unjustly domineering
- adj. lacking physical movement skills, especially with the hands
Sorry, no etymologies found.