from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Disposed to seek revenge; revengeful.
- adj. Marked by or resulting from a desire to hurt; spiteful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having a tendency to seek revenge when wronged.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Disposed to revenge; prompted or characterized by revenge; revengeful.
- adj. Punitive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Revengeful; given to revenge; indicating a revengeful spirit.
- Punitive; pertaining to or serving as punishment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. disposed to seek revenge or intended for revenge
- adj. showing malicious ill will and a desire to hurt; motivated by spite
From Latin vindicta, vengeance, from vindex, vindic-, surety, avenger; see vindicate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin vindicta ("vengeance"), from vindico ("claim, vindicate"), from vindex ("defender"), + -ive. (Wiktionary)