American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a tribe.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a tribe; characteristic of a tribe: as, tribal organization; tribal customs; a tribal community.
- In biology, of or pertaining to phyla or other broad divisions of the animal kingdom: as, tribal history (that is phylogeny, as distinguished from germ-history or ontogeny).
- adj. Of, or relating to, tribes
- adj. Based on or organized according to tribes.
- n. A design or image that has been influenced by indigenous peoples; especially such a tattoo
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tribe or tribes.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of a tribe
“The way we use the word tribal here communicates what the majority of people about 75 percent have in common: they are usually most successful and satisfied working with and through other people as members of an organization, group, or “tribe.””
“Each of these identities creates what I call a tribal information boundary (TIB).”
“So now, they have very safe sanctuaries in Pakistan, which is doing virtually nothing to stop them from organizing to fight in Afghanistan, and they're also benefiting from what you referred to as tribal conflict in northern Afghanistan, which shows that the government is not coherent.”
“In one version, Alexander used what he describes as a tribal drum beat to represent the rotation of the sun, and he layered the voice of a singer (his sister) to represent the charge state of carbon atoms, for example.”
“So tribal is British politics that a non-partisan response to this predicament is near impossible.”
“They will also deal with Pakistan's military response to militants in tribal areas in the country's north.”
“But they also have made clear to Pakistani officials they expect tangible results, and they threatened that current cash payments to Pakistan could be reduced if things don't improve in tribal areas such as North Waziristan.”
“U.S. officials say they hope the new aid could effectively eliminate Pakistan's objections that it doesn't have the equipment needed to launch more operations in tribal areas.”
“I really thought Parvati had swung the votes away from Courtney, but that was really the only surprise in tribal council.”
“According to a recent press release, the Quileute Nation granted ReelzChannel “permission the show ‘Twilight Weekly: Spotlight’ to gather footage and imagery within tribal lands.””
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tribal’.
The Moves. Do~do~ditty!
verbs Adj Adv noun
Very basic words for ESL students.
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
Looking for tweets for tribal.