from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a tribe.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to, tribes
- adj. Based on or organized according to tribes.
- n. A design or image that has been influenced by indigenous peoples; especially such a tattoo
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a tribe or tribes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a tribe; characteristic of a tribe: as, tribal organization; tribal customs; a tribal community.
- In biology, of or pertaining to phyla or other broad divisions of the animal kingdom: as, tribal history (that is phylogeny, as distinguished from germ-history or ontogeny).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of a tribe
Sorry, no etymologies found.