from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to, containing, or possessing land; landed.
- adj. Attached to, bound to, or arising from the land: praedial serfs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to land or its products.
- adj. Coming from or the occupation of land.
- adj. Attached to the land (of slavery etc.); having to work on the land or an estate; deriving from the land.
Middle English, from Medieval Latin praediālis, of an estate, from Latin praedium, estate, from praes, praed-, praevid-, surety, bondsman : prae-, pre- + vas, vad-, guarantor.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Medieval Latin praedialis, from Latin praedium ("farm, estate, land"). (Wiktionary)