from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of exceptional quality or refinement.
- adj. Excessively delicate or refined.
- adj. Of extra fine texture: superfine sandpaper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Extremely or especially fine.
- adj. Of a very high or pure grade.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Very fine, or most fine; being of surpassing fineness; of extra nice or fine quality.
- adj. Excessively fine; too nice; over particular.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Very fine, or most fine; surpassing others in fineness: as, superfine cloth.
- Excessively or faultily subtle: over-subtle; over-refined.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. excessively delicate or refined
- adj. of extremely fine size or texture
- adj. (used especially of merchandise) very fine in quality
Sorry, no etymologies found.