from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fine, downy wool growing beneath the outer hair of the Cashmere goat.
- n. A soft fabric made of this wool or of similar fibers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Fine, downy wool from beneath the outer hair of the Cashmere goat
- n. A soft fabric made of this wool
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rich stuff for shawls, scarfs, etc., originally made in Cashmere from the soft wool found beneath the hair of the goats of Cashmere, Tibet, and the Himalayas. Some cashmere, of fine quality, is richly embroidered for sale to Europeans.
- n. A dress fabric made of fine wool, or of fine wool and cotton, in imitation of the original cashmere.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fine and soft woolen fabric used for dress-goods. It differs from merino in being twilled on one side only.
- Made of the dress-fabric so named.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an area in southwestern Asia whose sovereignty is disputed between Pakistan and India
- n. the wool of the Kashmir goat
- n. a soft fabric made from the wool of the Cashmere goat
After Kashmir .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hindustani कश्मीर / کشمیر (kašmīr), meaning Kashmir, from Sanskrit. (Wiktionary)