from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking moral restraint; indulging in sensual pleasures or vices.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Unrestrained by morality.
- adj. Recklessly abandoned to sensual pleasures.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. With nerves unstrung; weak.
- adj. Loosed from restraint; esp., loose in morals and conduct; recklessly abandoned to sensual pleasures; profligate; wanton; lewd; debauched.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Loose; relaxed; enfeebled.
- Loose in behavior and morals; not under the restraints of law; given to vice and dissipation; vicious; wanton; lewd: as, a dissolute man; dissolute company.
- Characterized by dissoluteness; devoted to pleasure and dissipation: as, a dissolute life.
- Synonyms and Immoral, Depraved, etc. (see criminal), uncurbed, unbridled, disorderly, wild, rakish, lax, licentious, profligate, abandoned, reprobate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. unrestrained by convention or morality
Middle English, from Latin dissolūtus, past participle of dissolvere, to dissolve; see dissolve.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)