American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wanton; lewd; lustful: as, lascivious men; lascivious desires.
- Tending to excite voluptuous emotions; luxurious.
- Synonyms Lecherous, libidinous, licentious, lewd, lustful, salacious, unchaste, incontinent.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Wanton; lewd; lustful.
- adj. Tending to produce voluptuous or lewd emotions.
- adj. driven by lust; preoccupied with or exhibiting lustful desires
- From Latin lascīviōsus, from lascīvia ("sportiveness, lustfulness"). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Late Latin lascīviōsus, from Latin lascīvia, lewdness, playfulness, from lascīvus, lustful, playful; see las- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“You do not participate in lascivious deviant sexual behavior”
“As the narrator cleans the mansion of his dead employer, the reader learns of Kaji's predilection for cloning dead celebrities and engaging in lascivious acts.”
“I could undersatnd why the author uses condolence taking the word lascivious into mind.”
“As ridiculous it sounds to knock out Cougars because of its popularization as a term for lascivious middle-aged women, I actually can understand why the board didn't want the term.”
“I’m thinking that a moratorium on all things licentious and lascivious is in order but how does one go about instituting that?”
“May we meet again," answered the Cardassian woman with a smile that could only be called lascivious.”
“Resh soothed them absently, stroking them in a way even human would call lascivious.”
“That is how much money they were willing to accept to give up all the privileges of whiteness: the ability to not suffer from racial profiling, not to be shot to death in a hail of 50 bullets fired at you; not to be called lascivious/wanton/aggressive because of 400+ year-old stereotypes; not to be questioned on your intellect; not to be written off before you even get your foot in the door; not to be followed nor harassed while shopping; not have your voice dismissed or disregarded in a group where you are the only Black; not to have to teach your children to navigate the systemic racism that affects their lives on a daily basis.”
“Laurence,  prostibulum faeminae Messalina the empress, that by philters, and such kind of lascivious meats, use all means to  enable themselves: and brag of it in the end, confodi multas enim, occidi vero paucas per ventrem vidisti, as that”
“Others have banned Dionysian rituals such as lascivious costume balls and Princeton's Nude Olympics.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘lascivious’.
Building a list for standardized test prep or just for learning some new words! Please add any words that you feel are important for the SAT/GRE/GMAT etc...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Key words from "The Training of a Public Speaker" by Grenville Kleiser (New York and London, 1920)
all your words are belong to me.
Adult themed words
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
grabbable, retuiteando, leaving, fantastic, absolutely, kurwa, hella, ridic, underpass, hate, interlude, plush and 2369 more...
ahh these hurt.....
Looking for tweets for lascivious.