from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. venereal; exciting lust; aphrodisiac
- adj. lustful; lascivious; libidinous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Venereal; exciting lust; aphrodisiac.
- adj. Lustful; lascivious; libidinous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lascivious; libidinous; lustful; wanton.
- Giving vigor for or inclination to sexual intercourse; aphrodisiac: as, venereous drugs.
It shall not bee needfull to speake much of the profit, which will ensue by the fit administration of it in the inveterat venereous
_Berenice_ did neuer vow in the venereous Temple for her _Tholomaus_, nor _Conus_ the Mathematrician did euer beholde the like placed in the
But the ingenious Mr. Lisle, in his book on husbandry, carries it much farther; for he says that the loss of those insignia alone has sometimes a strange effect on the ability itself: he had a boar so fierce and venereous, that, to prevent mischief, orders were given for his tusks to be broken off.
III), without protest, "some are of opinion, that to see a woman naked, is able of itself to alter his affection; and it is worthy of consideration, saith _Montaigne_, the Frenchman, in his Essays, that the skilfullest masters of amorous dalliance appoint for a remedy of venereous passions, a full survey of the body."
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.