American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having or exhibiting lustful desires; lascivious.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by lust or lewdness; having or arising from an eager appetite for sexual indulgence; lustful; lewd; also, fitted to excite lustful desire.
- Synonyms Prurient, concupiscent. See list under lascivious.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Having lustful desires; characterized by lewdness; sensual; lascivious.
- adj. driven by lust; preoccupied with or exhibiting lustful desires
- Latin libidinosus, from libido ‘lust’. (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old French libidineux, from Latin libīdinōsus, from libīdō, libīdin-, lust, desire; see libido. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“It is in this way that what is known as libidinous blood is nursed as well among those who are strictly virtuous, in the ordinary meaning of the term, as among those who are promiscuous in their intercourse.”
“Johnson is best known as the libidinous and litigious Chuck Tchobanian on the hit 1980s CBC”
“Asked why he promoted such libidinous revelry, he replied, “Why should the devil have all the good times?””
“This guy was a clown on one hand but a legitimate musician and a passionate feeling person and also a libidinous lunatic and also not stupid.”
“Normally when the flock is culled, the weaker sheep are slaughtered, but New York has a plethora of rookies, as a result of libidinous mishaps.”
“He was a showman in the pulpit and a libidinous cad with other women, but at home he was ostracized with a mixture of fear and contempt.”
“The Explorer — the libidinous, creative adventurer who acts “on the spur of the moment.””
“So then the question perhaps becomes, why should we care about these characters and their libidinous vacillations?”
“Just a general frowning, perhaps, towards the careless; the excessively libidinous.”
“Even the most libidinous reader might blush, but there is no lurid intention.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘libidinous’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words of a delicious nature ... for whatever reason
signation, genuflection, precosmic, pretemporal, precreative, pre-hexameral, preplanetary, pre-terrestrial, antemundane,
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favorite word" and adds it to this list.
unfathomably, glice, cuh, fab, ciggaty, doll, thuggin, oxymoronic, pineapple, succubutt, griming, cheeky and 3099 more...
My big word list.
By David Foster Wallace
being words from Tom Waits songs.
Words from the new GRE : This list consists mostly of words from the book Magoosh-GRE-vocab-ebook, which is one of the best vocab materials available, especially if you have started preparing one ...
Words from the lexicon of Christopher Hitchens
Words as I learn them.
A collection of words about doing the nasty.
Looking for tweets for libidinous.