from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two faces or surfaces.
- adj. Hypocritical or double-dealing; deceitful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having two faces or plane surfaces
- adj. deceitful, hypocritical or duplicitous
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having two faces, like the Roman deity Janus.
- Double-faced in intention; double-dealing; practising duplicity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by deliberate deceptiveness especially by pretending one set of feelings and acting under the influence of another
- adj. having two faces--one looking to the future and one to the past
From two- + faced. (Wiktionary)