from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. drunk
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of face.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having (such) a face, or (so many) faces.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a face; marked with a face, as a court-card.
- Appearing as to the face; having a facial expression of a certain kind; looking.
- Having the upper or outer surface dressed or smoothed: as, a faced stone.
- Having the front, or some part of the front, covered with other material (see face, transitive verb, 3): said of garments, as a man's coat, a woman's gown, etc., and often used compounded with the name of the material: as, silk-faced; satin-faced.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number; often used in combination
Founded at Aberystwyth University in 1988, the label faced indifference and often hostility from the Welsh establishment for deviating from the conservative fare found at eisteddfodau (national festivals) broadcast by S4C (the Welsh-language channel).
The moves come as Obama is about to enter the second half of his term faced with the challenge of getting his agenda through a House of Representatives now controlled by the Republican Party and a Senate where his Democratic Party has a narrower majority.
When the label faced up where the batter could read it, the ball hit where the wood grain is tightest and, therefore, where the bat is strongest.
Prior to its official launch, the title faced some serious controversy regarding its PC version.
The dilemma faced is that there is a single unaccounted for military item: an "offog".
Sudanese UN female employee Lubna Hussein faced threats of imprisonment and flogging for the “sin” of wearing trousers in Khartoum - and her saga is far from over.
On Wednesday, Spain faced its first general strike in eight years after the government slashed spending to ease its budget deficit that has ballooned to 11% of GDP.
One problem the electric cars faced is they were designed by auto engineers, not computer/electrical engineers.
McKinley again faced Democrat William Jennings Bryan in the presidential election of 1900.
The most recent phenomena I have faced is recieving a distance education pack for one of my courses with about four pages of work by the lecturer, referring to a text book.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.