Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry, represented as having been forcibly torn off, the separated parts being left jagged, as opposed to couped. Also erazed.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of erase.
- adj. heraldry having the appearance of being forcibly torn off, with parts left jagged or uneven.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Rubbed or scraped out; effaced; obliterated.
- (Her.) Represented with jagged and uneven edges, as is torn off; -- used esp. of the head or limb of a beast. Cf. Couped.
“In that moment I see my name erased from the Wall of Fame.”
“Sunday's miracle finish, the biggest margin erased from the start of the final day was two points.”
“He paid off the marshals, had his name erased from the list of most-wanted scofflaws, and his Cadillac was now safe on the streets.”
“But no one knew how to tell the machines how to do what they did, that knowledge was erased from the memory banks of their ship.”
“Doug of course sees the writing on the wall -- what with Jeffrey Deitch hectically preparing a survey of street art for MOCA's Geffen wing for 2011, a whole lot of recent high art history is about to be erased from the canon to make room for what has been going on outside the museum walls for the past two or thee decades.”
“I just hope it will be erased from the face of the earth for ever.”
“Capitalism is becoming a word that soon be be erased from the dictionary.”
“All of a sudden my "favourite foods" of steak, coffee, chocolate cheesecake, fettuccini alfredo and Nutella were erased from the spectrum of things that were "safe", only to be replaced by tofu, beans, rice and herbal tea.”
“When in fact, the actor was digitally erased from the scene and completely replaced with his CG character.”
“No one wanted to see that franchise erased from the NHL landscape.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘erased’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
Looking for tweets for erased.