from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of erase.
- adj. having the appearance of being forcibly torn off, with parts left jagged or uneven.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Rubbed or scraped out; effaced; obliterated.
- Represented with jagged and uneven edges, as is torn off; -- used esp. of the head or limb of a beast. Cf. Couped.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In heraldry, represented as having been forcibly torn off, the separated parts being left jagged, as opposed to couped. Also erazed.
Sorry, no etymologies found.