from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the phallus carried in the ancient festival of Bacchus.
- adj. Having the penis erect. Used of graphic and sculptural representations.
- adj. Lascivious; salacious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the erect phallus that was carried in bacchic processions.
- adj. lascivious or obscene.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lustful; lewd; salacious; indecent; obscene.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characterized by an ithyphallus, or the ceremonies associated with its use as a religious symbol, etc.
- Hence Grossly indecent; obscene.
- In ancient prosody, sung in phallic processions; specifically, noting a group of three trochees or a period containing such a group.
Late Latin īthyphallicus, from Greek īthuphallikos, from īthuphallos, erect phallus : īthus, straight + phallos, phallus; see bhel-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin ithyphallicus, from Greek ιθυφαλλικός (ithyfallikós) (Wiktionary)