from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or inclined toward love, especially sexual love; amorous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to love; amorous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of love; amatory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of love; amorous; amatory; disposed or disposing to love.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inclined toward or displaying love
Medieval Latin amātīvus, capable of love, from amātus, past participle of Latin amāre, to love.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Medieval Latin amātīvus, from Latin amātus, perfect passive participle of amō ("love"). (Wiktionary)