from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, characteristic of, or natural to a woman. See Synonyms at female.
- adj. Resembling, imitative of, or suggestive of a woman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Suitable to a woman, having the qualities of a woman; effeminate; not becoming a man; -- usually in a reproachful sense. See the Note under effeminate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to, characteristic of, or suitable for women; feminine; effeminate: often used in a disparaging or reproachful sense when said of men: as, womanish ways; a womanish, voice; womanish fears.
- Synonyms Female, Effeminate, etc. See feminine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having characteristics associated with women and considered undesirable in men
From woman + -ish. (Wiktionary)