from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a fop; dandified.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like a fop, a man overly concerned with his appearance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Foplike; characteristic of a top in dress or manners; making an ostentatious display of gay clothing; affected in manners.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a fop; affecting or manifesting ostentatious nicety in dress and manner; dandyish.
- Synonyms See finical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. affecting extreme elegance in dress and manner
Sorry, no etymologies found.