from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Finicky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Finicky, fastidious, overly precise or delicate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affectedly fine; overnice; unduly particular; fastidious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affecting great nicety or extreme elegance; overnice; unduly particular about trifles; fastidious: same as finikin.
- Synonyms Finical, Spruce, Foppish. Finical applies to an overwrought delicacy of taste in manners, dress, and speech; spruce, to appearance, especially dress, a Spruce person being too conspicuously trim for elegance or dignity; foppish, to absorption in the vanities of dress. All these words are applied especially to men. See coxcomb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. exacting especially about details
With each of your volunteer help of 4 hours this July collecting signatures from your neighbors and finical donations, the citizens of Portland will hold Sam Adams accountable for willfully lying to us to get elected, orchestration of an elaborate cover-up and abusing the power we granted him.
For all over-rhythmical writing is at once felt to be affected and finical and wholly lacking in passion owing to the monotony of its superficial polish.
This medicare buy in is payed for by peoples premiums, it does nothing to the finical state of medicare for old people.
The Regulations people talk about are the regulations on the finical sector that would of prevented the finical crises if they had not been removed.
The reasons there is such a problem now is that we removed government regulations causing a finical crises; and the GOP spent away our surplus on wars, and tax cuts to wealthy people who thn in turn speculated in assets expanding the bubble.
The people's pressing work deals with housing, finical, jobs, and health care issues.
Bald faced lying to the American public to start a war, bringing back torture, the administration that brought about finical collapse.
Does anyone know a good book/online course to teach finical literacy/intelligence?
Yes America country that just went through one of the worst finical crises in history due to a failure to regulate is overregulated.
You know Terry after the great depression America put regulations on finical institutions, and the whole time those regulations were in place no finical crisses occurred.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.