from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Excessively critical; captious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Meticulously or excessively critical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Over critical; unreasonably or unjustly critical; carping; captious.
- adj. Excessively nice or exact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Excessively or captiously critical; judging adversely from trivial or irrelevant considerations; unduly finical or unjustly severe in judgment.
- Excessively exacting or scrupulous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inclined to judge too severely
Sorry, no etymologies found.