from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not appearing on a list, especially not listed in a telephone directory.
- adj. Relating to or being stock or securities not listed on a stock exchange.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not included in a list; especially, a phone number not published.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of unlist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. admitted to quotation in the unlisted department, that is, admitted to be dealt in on the floor, but not to the “regular list.”
- adj. not listed in the telephone directory; -- of telephone numbers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not listed; not placed in a (or the) list: as, unlisted securities — those not listed in the stock exchange.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not on a list
- adj. not having your name entered on a voting list
Sorry, no etymologies found.