from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to analysis; resolving into elements or constituent parts; as, an analytical experiment
- adj. Analytic reasoning as opposed to synthetic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to analysis (definition 2).
- adj. of a proposition; necessarily true independent of fact or experience, such as “all spinsters are unmarried”. Opposite of
- adj. exercising or involving careful analytical evaluations.
- adj. capable of or given to analyzing; -- of people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a proposition that is necessarily true independent of fact or experience
- adj. using or skilled in using analysis (i.e., separating a whole--intellectual or substantial--into its elemental parts or basic principles)
Gr. ?: compare with French analytique. See Analysis. (Wiktionary)