from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of test.
- adj. difficult, tough
- n. The act of conducting a test; trialing, proving
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of testing or proving; trial; proof.
- n. The operation of refining gold or silver in a test, or cupel; cupellation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of giving students or candidates a test (as by questions) to determine what they know or have learned
- n. an examination of the characteristics of something
- n. the act of subjecting to experimental test in order to determine how well something works
Sorry, no etymologies found.