from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The granting to an employee of credits toward a pension even if separated from the job before retirement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The entitlement of an employee to receive the full benefit of a pension at normal retirement age or a reduced pension upon early retirement even upon change of employer before retirement.
- n. The entitlement of an employee to exercise a stock option after a predetermined period of time.
- n. Cloth for making vests.
- n. A vest pattern.
- v. Present participle of vest.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Cloth for vests; a vest pattern.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Cloth especially made for men's waistcoats: most commonly in the plural.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
What stock options were accelerated in vesting as part of the December 2005 termination contract that McGavick signed?
That are still there, with a longer term vesting, but with a much higher strike price than, obviously, where the stock is today.
Put in your offer as xyz title vesting tba in escrow.
But the idea of vesting multi-jurisdictional MPOs, each covering a metropolitan area, with defined political responsibilities is a good one.
Tim Geithner's core regulatory proposal, namely vesting in the Federal
Say you got options valued at $60,000 when they were granted, but you can't cash them in for three years -- the so-called vesting period.
As to the idea of vesting the Government in Lords Justices, or taking any step for throwing up the Government in the interval, except with the consent and by the direction of the Prince of
Pursuant to the employee plan, these TSARs may be exercised upon vesting, which is between 24 months and 36 months after the grant date, and will expire after 10 years.
CalPERS covered employees are eligible for pension benefits after vesting, which is normally five years, and is calculated by a preset contract formula.
Socialize ALL Land (True Socialism defined as the vesting of ownership of Land back in the community as a whole) 2.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.