from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of castoff.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Cast or laid aside; thrown away; discarded.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Laid aside; rejected: as, cast-off livery.
- n. In firearms, the outward bend of a gun-stock, by which the line of sight is brought inward to meet the eye more readily.
- n. In printing, the computation of the particular space to be allowed for each column or division of a table, a piece of music, or the like: as, to pass the cast-off (that is, to communicate to other compositors the result of such a computation).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make the last row of stitches when knitting
- v. get rid of
- adj. thrown away
Sorry, no etymologies found.