from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suggestive of or afflicted with insanity: a maniacal frenzy.
- adj. Characterized by excessive enthusiasm or excitement: a maniacal interest in gambling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Like a maniac; insane; frenzied.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affected with, or characterized by, madness; maniac.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to madness; marked by or manifesting mania; insane; mad: as, a maniacal tendency; maniacal ravings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wildly disordered
maniac + -al (Wiktionary)