from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the attention diverted.
- adj. Suffering conflicting emotions; distraught.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of distract.
- adj. having one's attention diverted; preoccupied
- adj. distraught
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mentally disordered; unsettled; mad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Perplexed; harassed or bewildered by opposing considerations.
- Disordered in intellect; deranged; mad; frantic.
- Synonyms Abstracted, Diverted, etc. See absent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the attention diverted especially because of anxiety
Sorry, no etymologies found.