from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Wedged together at the broken ends. Used of a fractured bone.
- adj. Placed in the alveolus in a manner prohibiting eruption into a normal position. Used of a tooth.
- adj. Wedged or packed in, so as to fill or block an organ or a passage: impacted feces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of impact.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Driven together or close.
- adj. Grown in an abnormal direction so that it is wedged against another tooth and cannot erupt normally; -- of teeth, especially the third molar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wedged or packed in together
Sorry, no etymologies found.