from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking material substance; insubstantial.
- adj. Lacking firmness or strength; flimsy.
- adj. Lacking basis in fact.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of insubstantial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Lacking in matter or substance; visionary; chimerical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not substantial; not solid: as, unsubstantial air. Not real; not having substance; imaginary; illusive: as, unsubstantial forms. Not having good substance; not strong or stout: as, an unsubstantial building; unsubstantial cloth.
- Not giving substance or strength; weak; not strengthening or invigorating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking material form or substance; unreal
Sorry, no etymologies found.