from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having no basis or foundation in fact; unfounded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of reasoning, that is based on something that is not true.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without a base; having no foundation or support.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without a base; having no foundation or support.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. without a basis in reason or fact
base + -less (Wiktionary)