from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Shabby, dirty, and vulgar; tawdry: "sleazy storefronts with torn industrial carpeting and dirt on the walls” ( Seattle Weekly).
- adj. Dishonest or corrupt; disreputable: Some sleazy characters hang around casinos.
- adj. Made of low-quality materials; cheap or shoddy.
- adj. Thin and loosely woven; flimsy: The coat has a sleazy lining.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Marked by low quality; inferior; inadequate.
- adj. Dishonorable; base; vulgar; raunchy; sordid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Wanting firmness of texture or substance; thin; flimsy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of thin or flimsy substance; composed of poor or light material: said of a textile fabric.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of cloth; thin and loosely woven
- adj. morally degraded
- adj. of very poor quality; flimsy
Formerly, one had to go seeking, and disregard the possibility of being seen in sleazy places, purchasing videos, buying the magazines – but the computer and the cable tv bring it in the house where boys (and husbands) can be lured and addicted – and girls too.
Blaine and Helena marry; Helena dies in sleazy circumstances.
The problem with most of these types of sites is that they go up and down and often end up covered in sleazy ads that trick you into clicking the wrong thing — though Vixy seems to be a solid option for now.
People shot and stabbed and strangled each other in sleazy bars and hillside mansions, strip malls, abandoned houses and parking lots.
"Live Girls" by Ray Garton - Fun 80's splatterpunk book set in sleazy old Times Square
JPMorgan's in-house foreclosure operation was described as a sleazy operation where "Burger King kids" - untrained young people - were hired to foreclose on homeowners.
There are far more glamorous poses they could have struck, but GQ wanted sleazy and sleazy is what they delivered.
The up-tick in sleazy anti-Clinton articles and biased talking head commentators in the media are so blatantly devoid of substance it's astounding!
The only thing sleazy is the way Bill Clinton acts.
Hidden cameras were not placed in sleazy hotel rooms to gain evidence.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.