from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Furtive; surreptitious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Difficult to catch due to constantly outwitting the adversaries
- adj. dishonest; deceitful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Like a sneak; sneaking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somewhat sneaking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by deception
- adj. marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed
Sorry, no etymologies found.