from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Capable of performing calculations: a calculating machine.
- adj. Shrewd; crafty: the calculating defense of an experienced attorney.
- adj. Coldly scheming or conniving.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Which has the ability to calculate.
- adj. Which serves one's own interests in an unemotional, analytical manner.
- v. Present participle of calculate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to mathematical calculations; performing or able to perform mathematical calculations.
- adj. Given to contrivance or forethought; forecasting; scheming.
- n. The act or process of making mathematical computations or of estimating results.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Given to forethought and calculation; especially, given to looking ahead with thoughtful regard to self-interest; deliberate and selfish; scheming.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of persons
Sorry, no etymologies found.