American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Relating to or characteristic of snakes.
- adj. Having the form or movement of a snake; serpentine.
- adj. Overrun with snakes.
- adj. Treacherous; sly.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to snakes; resembling a snake; serpentiform; snakish; hence, cunning; insinuating; deceitful; treacherous.
- Winding about; serpentine: as, a snaky stream.
- Abounding in snakes: as, a snaky place.
- Consisting of snakes; entwined with snakes, as an emblem.
- adj. resembling or relating to snakes
- adj. twisty
- adj. obsolete sly; cunning; deceitful
- adj. obsolete Covered with serpents; having serpents.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to a snake or snakes; resembling a snake; serpentine; winding.
- adj. Sly; cunning; insinuating; deceitful.
- adj. Covered with serpents; having serpents.
- adj. resembling a serpent in form
- snake + -y (Wiktionary)
“The entrance to the cave was pretty dark and "snaky"; maybe he would compromise and not go in.”
“Though he was little taller than herself, she was conscious suddenly of how thick and steely he was beneath his dapper garments, and of a kind of snaky will-power in his face.”
“And here's four things that I don't suppose are good to eat -- they got kind of snaky heads, and red-colored, too.”
“And not all was well in the MasterChef kitchen, with contestant's firing up over the "snaky" return of evictees.”
“Rejected MasterChefs a bit 'snaky' for Claire Winton-Burn WATCHING past contestants return to the MasterChef kitchen was like "falling down a snake" in a game of snakes and ladders for”
“And although one would be amazed at the prodigious child who could follow to the letter its snaky progress, it captures brilliantly that moment when adults enrapture children by behaving like children themselves.”
“•The ride was composed, neither harsh nor sloppy, with sure-footed handling that imparted confidence on the many snaky lanes Ford selected as a test route.”
“Here, a small tribute group will wind its way through Scott's snaky multidecade back catalog, performing modernistic interpretations of his best-known works.”
“Now, I am sure that this is not a lie, per se, because as we know if we polled the entirety of those who would call themselves "scientists" in the world, we could probably find 200+ to say that many questionable things are true insert snaky comment about anything you want here.”
“And near the bow was a hideous depiction of snaky Coatlicue, the mother-goddess.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘snaky’.
Words chosen as favorites for the Twitter hashtag #faveword.
Words gathered while reading A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce.
Deservedly thou griev'st, composed of lies
From the beginning, and in lies wilt end
Looking for tweets for snaky.