American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various reptiles of the order Crocodylia, which includes the alligators, crocodiles, caimans, and gavials.
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling a crocodile.
- adj. Belonging to the order Crocodylia.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to or of the nature of the crocodile; hence, in allusion to crocodile tears, hypocritical. See crocodile, a.
- n. A crocodile; one of the Crocodilia.
- n. Also, improperly, spelled crocodilean.
- n. A reptile resembling a crocodile.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Zoöl.) Like, or pertaining to, the crocodile; characteristic of the crocodile.
- n. extant archosaurian reptile
- crocodile + -ian (Wiktionary)
“Trilophosuchus rackhami gen. et sp. nov., a new crocodilian from the early Miocene limestones of Riversleigh, northwestern Queensland.”
“Which is unfortunate, since every time the word crocodilian came up he gave out a little cheer.”
“Unsustainable hunting and habitat destruction brought this large American crocodilian to the brink of extinction by the middle of the last century.”
“Did a crocodilian Deukalion and Pyrrha somehow escape the cataclysm and repopulate the terrestrial marshlands?”
“But in the words of Torch blogger Mark Collins, a few crocodilian tears spilled by one blogger in particular has necessitated a response.”
“Seeing as most "progessives", yourself included, do not want the CF to be fighting at all in Afstan, I see the reaction as strictly crocodilian.”
“The French luxury powerhouse is buying Heng Long International, a Singapore-based business that sources, tans and processes crocodilian leather.”
“An offer document said the purchase will "strategically complement LVMH fashion and leather goods in the procurement of high quality crocodilian skins for the manufacture of premium leather accessories sold and marketed by LVMH Group brands.”
“I'm all for culling to control population, especially if it benefits "all" species (human and crocodilian alike) but lets not make a fuss over it like "look what I did" macho BS.”
“And about a knickknack made from a crocodilian reptile known as a caiman, posed with a pipe in its mouth and an ashtray in its claws.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘crocodilian’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
This quickly got bigger and weirder than originally intended, so now it's housing terms that relate to the study of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. See also Dinosaurs, Pterosaurs, Ichthy...
Looking for tweets for crocodilian.