from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to vertebrate amphibians without tails, such as frogs and toads.
- n. A vertebrate amphibian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A frog or toad.
- adj. Pertaining to a frog or toad.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the Batrachia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Batrachia, especially frogs and toads.
- n. One of the Batrachia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to frogs and toads
- n. any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping; semiaquatic and terrestrial species
From Greek batrakhos, frog.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From modern Latin Batrachia, former name of the zoological order Anura, from Greek βατραχεια, neuter plural of adjective from βατραχος ‘frog’. (Wiktionary)