from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to phylogeny or phylogenetics.
- adj. Relating to or based on evolutionary development or history: a phylogenetic classification of species.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to phylogeny or phylogenetics
- adj. of, or relating to the evolutionary development of organisms
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to phylogenesis, or the race history of a type of organism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as phylogenic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the evolutionary development of organisms
phylo- + genetic (Wiktionary)