from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a relatively low level of industrial capability, technological sophistication, and economic productivity: studied the economies of developing nations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a country: becoming economically more mature or advanced; becoming industrialized.
- v. Present participle of develop.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. not industrialized but undergoing industrialization; -- sometimes used as a euphemism for "undeveloped"; -- of nations.
- adj. becoming or arising.
- n. the process of treating a photosensitive material with chemicals in order to make a latent image visible.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. processing a photosensitive material in order to make an image visible
- adj. relating to societies in which capital needed to industrialize is in short supply
Sorry, no etymologies found.