Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One skilled in evolutions, specifically in military evolutions.
- n. A believer in the biological or cosmological doctrine of evolution.
- Of or pertaining to the doctrine of evolution; based upon or believing in the doctrine of evolution.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One skilled in evolutions.
- n. One who holds the doctrine of evolution, either in biology or in metaphysics.
- n. a person who believes in organic evolution
“The heavy-handed creationist propaganda film Expelled expelled a pro-evolutionist from a showing of the film.”
“Since every evolutionist is NOT going to become Hitler, it follows that not every follower of Jesus is going to join the KKK.”
“I suggest calling Behe a theistic evolutionist is as misleading as calling him a creationist.”
“The evolutionist is short on evidence but long on guesses that miss the mark.”
“What may be called the evolutionist theory of population was originated and incompletely stated by Charles Darwin, and developed by Herbert Spencer.”
“In it he claimed that the law of evolution, in a certain sense as true to him as to any so-called evolutionist, was a law “controlling development, and keeping types within appointed cycles of growth.””
“In it he claimed that the law of evolution, in a certain sense as true to him as to any so-called evolutionist, was a law "controlling development, and keeping types within appointed cycles of growth.”
“But then you call him a theistic evolutionist, which is confusing.”
“But not a "Darwinist" or "evolutionist" - those two words are Creationists 'constructs.”
“I have asked creationists to provide a link to any "evolutionist" web site they think is dishonest.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘evolutionist’.
Use these and get promoted
Looking for tweets for evolutionist.